Previous year question paper with solutions for Irrigation engineering-1
Our website provides solved previous year question paper for Irrigation engineering-1 . Doing preparation from the previous year question paper helps you to get good marks in exams. From our IE-1 question paper bank, students can download solved previous year question paper. The solutions to these previous year question paper are very easy to understand.
These Questions are downloaded from www.brpaper.com You can also download previous years question papers of 10th and 12th (PSEB & CBSE), B-Tech, Diploma, BBA, BCA, MBA, MCA, M-Tech, PGDCA, B-Com, BSc-IT, MSC-IT.
- What is the time required to irrigate an area 0.203 hectare by a stream discharge of 0.043 cumecs, to provide an average depth of 6.35 cm to the field? Take average rate of infiltration 5 cm/h.
- What is the optimum depth of kor watering for rice crop?
- Enlist the factors influences the efficiency of water conveyance system.
- In a given year for a certain irrigation project 72% and 56% of the cultural command area remained un-irrigated in Kharif and Rabi season respectively. Determine the intensity of irrigation for that year.
- Enlist the requirements of an ideal regime condition in Laceyâ€™s regime theory.
- Enlist the factors contribute to water logging
- Define specific yield and specific retention of an aquifer.
- How would you rehabilitate a tube well?
- Enumerate the criteria to classify the irrigation projects.
- What is deflecting groyne?
- Enumerate the benefits of irrigation
- Briefly describe border strip method of irrigation
- What is a watershed canal and what are the advantages of such a canal?
- Draw the cross-section of a canal partly in cutting and partly in filling.
- What are the causes of water losses in a canal?
- What is waterlogging and what are its ill-effects?
- What is meant by tile drains and what are their advantages?
- Differentiate confined and unconfined aquifers.
- Define duty and delta of tubewell irrigation
- What is meandering of rivers and what are its causes?
- List any four objectives of irrigation
- List any four major disadvantages of irrigation?
- What is meant by crop-ratio?
- What do you understand by balancing depth?
- State Lacey's silt theory
- What is meant by water logging?
- What is meant by a multipurpose project?
- How do you differentiate between major, medium and minor projects?
- Define specific retention of a well
- What is meant by rehabilitation of a tube well?