1. Fourier Series Periodic functions, Euler's formula. Even and odd functions, half range expansions, Fourier series of different wave forms.
2. Laplace Transforms Laplace transforms of various standard functions, properties of Laplace transforms, inverse Laplace transforms, transform of derivatives and integrals, Laplace transform of unit step function, impulse function, periodic functions, applications to solution of ordinary linear differential equations with constant coefficients, and simultaneous differential equations.
3. Special Functions Power series solution of differential equations, Frobenius method, Legendre's equation, Legendre polynomial, Bessel's equation, Bessel functions of the first and second kind. Recurrence relations, equations reducible to Bessel's equation, Error function and its properties.
4. Partial Differential Equations Formation of partial differential equations, Linear partial differential equations, homogeneous partial differential equations with constant coefficients Applications : Wave equation and Heat conduction equation in one dimension. Two dimensional Laplace equation, solution by the method of separation of variables. Laplacian in polar coordinates.
5. Functions of Complex Variable Limits, continuity, derivative of complex functions, analytic function, Cauchy-Riemann equation, conjugate functions, harmonic functions ; Conformal Mapping : Mapping of a complex function, conformal mapping, standard transforms, mapping of standard elementary transformations, complex potential, applications to fluid flow problems ; Complex Integration : Line integrals in the complex plane, Cauchy's theorem, Cauchy's integral formula and derivatives of analytic function. Taylor's and Laurent's expansions, singular points, poles, residue, complex integration using the method of residues, evaluation of real integrals by contour integration.