DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES - I
1. Allowable stresses in direct tension, compression, bearing and shear in structural steel.
2. Riveted, Bolted and Welded connection for axial loads.
3. Design of Tension and Compression Members
4. Design of steel Beams, Purlins and Encased Beams
5. Design of Built up Columns under Axial Loading using Lacing and Battening Systems. 1. Design of Column Bases under direct and eccentric Loads ( Slab Base, Gusseted Base and Grillage foundation)
6. Design of Steel Roof Truss : design of members for the given loads, design of riveted and welded connections, detailed working drawings.
7. Design of Plate Girder for static loads ( UDL or Concentrated Loads at fixed points)