Here is an IELTS speaking topic from September 2021 to December 2021 Cue Cards with Sample Answer and Follow up questions. We hope you would like this Ielts speaking cue card topic with answers
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card
Describe a foreign person who you have heard or known that you think is interesting
You should say:
– Who the person is
– How do you know him/her
– What kind of person he/she is
– And explain why you think he/she is interesting
– Well, I have heard many high-profile foreigners such as sports stars, politicians, motivational speakers and businessmen.
– Here I would like to talk about a famous personality of Hollywood named Dwayne Johnson also known as The Rock.
– If I talk about his early life, he was born in the USA but his family background is linked to New Zealand. His father was a professional wrestler from where he picked up the wrestling.
– He came into the limelight once he started his carrier in wrestling and got an opportunity in the WWF.
– The majority of the people know him from his ring name The Rock.
– He is more than 6 feet tall and has a muscular body.
– In wrestling, he was very popular for his actions and playing fairly.
– At the same time, he began his career in Hollywood from the movie The Mummy Returns.
– There he showed great acting skills and once again he surprised his fans.
– The major breakthrough in his acting career came when he got selected for the all-time best movie series named Fast and Furious.
– Since then, he has never looked back and won several awards for different roles.
-Johnson is also one of the highest-paid and most popular actors in the United States.
– I have heard his several speeches he has given on different occasions such as film fair awards.
– He is a really kind person as he contributed to a number of novel causes.
– He has done a lot of struggles in his career but has never given up on his dreams.
– His several motivational speeches are available on YouTube which inspire the youth to do hard work.
– Another main reason why I like him so much is that he is a very down to earth person.
– He is a prime example on this planet that one can achieve anything they want with the virtues of persistence and hard work.
– Currently, many people want to see him in politics so maybe in future we will see him leading any political party.
High-profile (Adjective): attracting a lot of attention and interest from the public and newspapers, television
Picked up (Verb): to learn a new skill
The limelight (Noun): public attention and interest
Muscular (Adjective): related to muscles
Breakthrough (Noun): an instance of achieving success in a particular sphere
Highest-paid (Adjective): used to describe people who earn a lot of money
Down to earth (Adjective): reasonable, and friendly
Prime (Adjective): main and most important
Virtue (Noun): a good moral quality in a person
Persistence (Noun): the fact that someone or something persists