Rationale of the Course:
Information technology has great influence on all aspects of our life. All our work places and the living environments are being computerized. In order to prepare students to work in these environments, it is essential that they are exposed to various applications of information technology. One of the important applications of IT is e-business. The term applies to the use of computer network to search and retrieve information in support of human and corporate decision making. It is a modern business methodology that addresses the needs of business organizations, merchants and consumers to out costs while improving the quality of goods and services and increasing the speed of service- delivery. This exposure will enable the students to enter the world with confidence, live in these environments in a harmonious way and contribute to the productivity.
UNIT 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Concepts and Scope of IT
2. Elements of Computer System: Computer Hardware and Software. Computer Organization.
3. CPU: Memory Input Devices, Output Devices, Storage Devices, and Communication Devices, Multimedia Devices
4. Introduction to operating system
Introduction to Internet
Concept of Internet, Use of Internet, Requirements of Internet, Internet Domain, Internet Server, establishing connectivity on the Internet, Types of Internet Providers, Constitute of Internet Protocol, Browsing the Internet Tools and Service of Internet, Procedure of opening e-mail account on internet.
CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK OF E-BUISNESS
UNIT 2: INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
1. Meaning, Features, Functions and Benefit of E-Commerce, E-Commerce Practicevs Traditional Practice, Scope and Basic Models of E-Commerce, Limitations of E-Commerce, Precautions for secure E-Commerce, Proxy Services.
2. Types of E-Commerce, Meaning of B2C, B2B, C2C & P2P.
3. E-Commerce in India: Status of E-Commerce in India, Problems and Opportunity in E- Commerce in India, Future of E-Commerce, Legal issues involved in E-Commerce.
UNIT 3: E-PAYMENTS
Transaction through Internet, Requirements of E-Payment System, Post Paid Payment System, Credit Card Solutions, Cyber Cash Internal Cheques, Instant Paid Payment System, Debit Card, Prepaid Payment System, Electronic Cash, Digi Cash, Net Cash, Cyber Cash, Smart Cards.
UNIT 4: E-SECURITY
Areas of Internet Security, Security Threats, Security Breach Avoidance, Defection and Recovery, Confidentiality and Integrity, Electronic Signature, Access Control, Authentication Precaution for Secure ECommerce.
UNIT 5: E-BANKING
Meaning, Importanœ and Types of E-Banking Services.Traditional vs EBanking, Process of E-Banking, Advantages and Disadvantages of EBanking, Status of E-Banking in India.
UNIT 6: E- TRADING
Meaning and Importance of E- Trading, Traditional Trading vs ETrading, Operational Aspects of E-Trading, Advantages of E-Trading, Status of E-Trading in India.
UNIT 7: E-MARKETING
Concept of E- Marketing, 4Ps of E-Marketing, Traditional Marketing vs E-Marketing, Advantages of E-Marketing, Status of E-Marketing in India.